Introductory Composition at Purdue Program
The Introductory Composition at Purdue (ICaP) program is centered around three goals:
Writing Instruction for Students
- Offer a theoretically informed and coherent introductory writing curriculum across multiple sections of program courses.
- Assure an appropriate degree of consistency in course work requirements across multiple sections of program courses.
Professional Development for Instructors
- Provide theoretically and experientially informed guidance to program instructors.
- Model theoretically sound and experientially proven pedagogical approaches.
- Provide opportunities to participate in collective development of program-wide curricular goals, means, and outcomes for first-year composition courses.
- Provide opportunities to collaboratively develop new pedagogical approaches and materials within the constraints of collectively developed program-wide curricular goals, means, and outcomes.
- Recognize and acknowledge good teaching.
Development of Composition Research and Theory
- Support classroom-based teacher research theorizing and encourage dissemination of outcomes to local and national audiences
- Conduct program-based curriculum inquiry and report outcomes to local and national audiences.