Every ICaP syllabus is reviewed by a team of ICaP instructors, staff, and administrators from the Department of English. We will have two deadlines for Spring 2018:
- Submit by December 15 to receive a review before December 22.
- Submit by January 1 to receive a review by January 4.
Please use the Spring 2018 syllabus checklist (PDF) to complete your syllabus. There are five changes from Fall 2017:
- Including a statement about academic honesty was mistakenly omitted from the previous checklist, though reviewers did look for it. This has been corrected.
- Similarly, including addressing disability accommodations was also omitted. This has also been corrected.
- We provide a statement from the Writing Lab and invite you to include it if you like.
- Under “Attendance,” we clarify the PUSH/ODOS approach to medical absences (a frequent question).
- Under “Participation,” we suggest including a rubric if you grade participation.
Please email Bradley Dilger your syllabus as an attachment. (No need to use FileLocker as in the past.)
- We prefer .docx, .doc, or .odt to facilitate review, but .pdf is okay as well.
- Please use a filename which begins with your lastname and first initial, e.g. “reingoldd-106-spring-2018.docx”.
- If your syllabus and calendar are separate, no need to merge them.
- If you’re teaching more than one course, one email including syllabi for all your courses will suffice.
Questions? Contact us.